#saveourtown has teamed up with an exciting Luton-based global business, to give away two video-games consoles that are are blast from the past, reborn for the 21st century.
Whether you are old enough to the remember the original or a modern-day gamer, THEC64 Mini is a nostalgia-filled fun-ride and #saveourtown has joined forces with Retro Games Ltd to give you a chance of winning one of the consoles.
Some of the Retro Games Ltd team have lived in Luton all their lives and are also keen supporters of Luton Town Football Club too. Managing Director, Paul Andrews, who has lived and worked in the town for over 30 years, said: “I am one of the Bedfordshire Chamber of Commerce Business Ambassadors, and also a SEMLEP Envoy, and I fully support the #saveourtown campaign in their quest to help improve the lives of the people of Luton, and bring new facilities, opportunity and employment to the town.
“Retro Games Ltd proves that a smaller company based in Luton, can have a global impact, as we sell our latest video games console THEC64 Mini around the world, with its USA launch in October 2018, in stores such as Walmart and GameStop, showing how the people of Luton can impact on a global scale.”
A 50% scale replica of the much-loved Commodore 64, that originally launched in 1982, THEC64 Mini features:
- a high-definition (720p) HDMI output
- a classic style joystick
- 64 classic pre-loaded games in-built game, including classics such as Iridium, Paradriod, California Games, Jumpman and Speedball 2 (check out the full range of games).
- Pixel Perfect graphics at 4:3 ratio, with full width, CRT filter and US/Europe display mode options
- Save game function
- 2 USB ports: plug in a USB keyboard and use as a fully functional home computer with C64 BASIC, or add a second joystick for 2-player games
- Supports software updates via USB memory stick
How to enter the prize draw
To stand a chance of winning one of THEC64 Mini consoles choose at least one of the following options:
- On Facebook, like or follow the #saveourtown and THEC64 Mini pages, then share our competition post
- On Twitter, follow the #saveourtown and THEC64 Mini pages, then retweet our competition post
- On Instagram, follow the #savourtown page and like the competition post
- Subscribe to #saveourtown email mailing list
The competition will close at 6pm on Tuesday February 19 and the winners will be drawn that evening. Good luck!
Terms & conditions:
- You are permitted to enter the competition once on Facebook, once on Twitter, once on Instagram and once via email sign-up
- An entrant can win only 1 of THEC64 Mini consoles.
- In competition promotional posts on social media, only the entry option for that platform will be presented.
- Entries that are registered after 6pm on Tuesday February 19 will not be entered into the prize draw
- The prize draw will take place in the evening of February 19 and is subject to #saveourtown’s discretion.
- Winners will be chosen at random by the #saveourtown committee.
- Any information supplied by email to enter the competition will be not used for any other purpose then to update email subscribers about #saveourtown news and information. Any information can be deleted upon request by emailing email@example.com upon the completion of the competition.
- #saveourtown reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions.
- Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
- The winners will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, #saveourtown reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- #saveourtown will notify each winner how the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- #saveourtown’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any #saveourtown publicity material, as well as their entry.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- No #saveourtown committee members or their families may enter the competition.